Servings: 8 Yield: 8 soft tacos Prep 15 mins Cook 7 mins Grill 6 mins Stand 15 mins
- 1/4 cup mirin (Asian cooking wine)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 pounds thinly sliced chicken cutlets
- 5 tablespoons Korean teriyaki stir-fry sauce (such as House of Tsang)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 package small flour tortillas (8 per package)
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
1. In a glass or plastic bowl, combine mirin, 1/4 cup of the vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the sugar and the salt. Whisk until sugar is dissolved. Add cucumber and let stand 15 minutes.
2. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Lightly coat grill rack with oil. Place chicken on a sheet of wax paper or plastic wrap. Brush both sides with 3 tablespoons of the sauce. Grill until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 to 7 minutes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons sauce. Cut chicken into strips and add to skillet.
4. To serve, spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture onto a tortilla. Add some of the marinated cucumbers and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 297, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 41, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 35, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 21, sodium (mg): 584, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.