Servings: 5 Yield: 20 meatballs Prep 20 mins Cook 8 mins per batch
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mint leaves (1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Make It Make It:
1. In a large bowl combine the beef, onion, egg, 1/2 cup mint, lemon juice, cumin, and cinnamon. Use your hands to mix it up until the ingredients are evenly distributed. Shape mixture into 20 2-inch balls. Flatten balls slightly.
2. In a large cast iron or heavy skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add half of the meatballs in a single layer and cook until no longer pink in the center (160 degrees F), about 8 minutes, turning occasionally to brown evenly. Remove and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
3. Serve topped with feta and additional mint, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 5; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 213, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 102, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 5, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 1, pro. (g): 24, vit. A (IU): 534, vit. C (mg): 7, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 24, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 2, sodium (mg): 209, Potassium (mg): 434, calcium (mg): 81, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.