Soak overnight Prep 15 mins Cook 40 mins
- 1 1/2 cups Kamut (such as Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts (about 1/2 lb)
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Soak Kamut in cold water overnight. Drain. In a medium lidded pot, add Kamut and 41/2 cups water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 to 40 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool.
2. Shred Brussels sprouts with a food processor slicing blade or a coarse grater. Mix with Kamut, carrots, cherries, walnuts and parsley.
3. In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Stir into salad. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 305, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 43, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 7, sodium (mg): 347, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.