Servings: 8 Yield: servings Prep 30 mins
- 1/3 cup lime juice (from 2 large limes)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, tough stems discarded, shredded
- 1/2 medium jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks (3 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, combine lime juice, honey, mustard, 1/2 tsp of the salt and the pepper. While whisking, gradually add oil.
2. Combine kale, jicama, sweet pepper, cranberries and shallots in a very large bowl or on a large platter. Drizzle with 2/3 cup of the dressing and season with remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Toss to combine, adding sunflower seeds, if using. Serve with remaining dressing alongside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 220, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 24, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 268, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.