Servings: 4 to 6 Yield: 4 cups Prep 15 mins Cook 40 mins
- 1 cup uncooked regular brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
1. In a medium saucepan combine rice, oil, 2 cups water, turmeric, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 40 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stir in peas. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook ground beef until browned. Drain off fat. Stir into rice mixture.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 310, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 36, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 38, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 1, pro. (g): 16, vit. A (IU): 340, vit. C (mg): 4, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 20, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 206, Potassium (mg): 320, calcium (mg): 20, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.