Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours 1 large onion,
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 6 bone-in pork country ribs (about 3 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning (such as McCormick)
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 scallions, sliced
1. Coat bowl of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place onion and garlic in bottom of slow cooker. Season ribs with 1 tbsp of the jerk seasoning and place over onion and garlic. Drain pineapple, reserving cup of the juice, and scatter over ribs. Add green pepper.
2. Combine reserved pineapple juice, flour and remaining 1 tbsp jerk seasoning. Pour over ribs.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Stir in beans during last 30 minutes of cooking time. Serve with brown rice and garnish with scallions.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 644, Fat, total (g): 21, chol. (mg): 145, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 59, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 52, sodium (mg): 581, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.