Treat hot chile devotees to these deep-fried cheddar cheese-stuffed peppers.
1. Wearing plastic gloves, cut stem end off jalapeno peppers with paring knife. Carefully remove seeds and white membrane.
2. Stuff peppers with cheese.
3. Heat oil in deep-fat fryer to 375 degrees F or in large pot until it registers 375 degrees F on deep-fat frying thermometer.
4. Meanwhile, place eggs in small bowl. Place crumbs in shallow pan.
5. Drop 4 peppers in eggs; toss to coat. Using fork, lift 1 pepper at a time out of egg, shaking off excess. Drop into crumbs; toss to coat. Place on sheet pan. Repeat 5 more times with remaining peppers. When all peppers are coated, set aside for 15 minutes to set up and dry.
6. With slotted spoon, slip peppers, 5 or 6 at a time, into hot oil. Fry 2 to 3 minutes, until golden. Remove to platter lined with paper toweling to drain. Repeat with remaining peppers. Serve immediately. Makes 24 poppers.