1. Grease a large plate or line it with wax paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the salmon, jalapeno, lemon juice, egg, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and mix well with your hands. With wet hands, loosely form the burgers into 4 patties, place them on the plate, and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
3. Heat a skillet large enough to comfortably hold the patties over medium heat. Spray the skillet with a nice layer of coconut oil, or add the olive oil, and let it heat until it begins to shimmer a bit.
4. Using a spatula, add the salmon burgers to the skillet and cook them until the bottoms are just golden brown, then flip and cook until the other side browns, 5 to 6 minutes per side. When both sides are golden brown and the middle of the burgers feels firm to the touch, they are done. Remove them to a cutting board and let them rest for 5 minutes.
5. Slice open the warm pitas and spread each with 1 Tbs. yogurt (if using). Stuff each pita with a lettuce leaf, a quarter of the cucumber slices, a quarter of the sprouts, and a salmon burger. Add a splash of hot sauce, if desired, to each pita.