Prep 10 mins Cook 18 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups diced sweet peppers
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 large bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups pearl couscous
- 45 meatballs
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 bag (6 oz) baby spinach
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add peppers, onion and carrots and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute.
2. Add 8 cups water, the bouillon cube, Italian seasoning and salt to pot. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous, reduce heat to medium-high and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in meatballs, diced tomatoes with their liquid and spinach. Cook 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted and meatballs are heated. Serve with Parmesan, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 385, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 102, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 37, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 21, sodium (mg): 733, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.