Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Slow Cook 6 hrs to 8 hrs on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chuck steak, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Cubanelle peppers, seeds removed, sliced
- 1 red sweet pepper, seeds removed, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 10 ounce white mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons red win vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown suger
- Fresh basil leaves
- Purchased tube polenta, sliced into rounds and grilled (optional)
1. Coat bowl of slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Season both sides of steaks with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Place in slow cooker. Scatter Cubanelle peppers, red pepper, onion and mushrooms over top. In a small bowl, combine broth, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Pour over peppers, onions and mushrooms.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
4. Serve steaks with peppers, onions, mushrooms and some of the cooking liquid spooned over the top. Garnish with basil and, if desired, serve with grilled polenta rounds.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 280, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 97, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 19, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 37, sodium (mg): 432, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.