Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 10 ounces sweet Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Weekend-prepped yellow onion
- 1 28 ounce can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 14 ounce can no salt added cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups baby arugula
1. In a large saucepan, cook the sausage in hot oil over medium heat until browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer 1/4 cup to a container and reserve for Friday. Add the onion to the pan and continue cooking until soft, 3 more minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, beans and 1 cup water to the pot. Season with pepper. Simmer until the beans are warmed through and flavors have melded, about 15 minutes. Add the arugula and cook until just wilted.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 241, Fat, total (g): 9, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 26, fiber (g): 8, sugar (g): 8, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 437, calcium (mg): 105, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.