Servings: 4 Yield: servings Prep 10 mins Cook 25 mins Stand 5 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 can (28 oz) Cento crushed tomatoes
- 1 jar (12 oz) roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 8 eggs
- 4 whole wheat pitas, warmed (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in a deep-sided skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, harissa, cumin and turmeric. Cook 2 more minutes. Mix in tomatoes, roasted peppers and salt. Simmer 10 minutes.
2. Stir in cilantro and two-thirds of the feta. One by one, crack eggs into a small dish and carefully pour them into sauce. Simmer 10 minutes. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand about 5 minutes, depending on desired doneness. Sprinkle with remaining feta. Garnish with additional cilantro and serve in a bowl with pita, if using.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 395, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 440, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 35, fiber (g): 9, pro. (g): 23, sodium (mg): 807, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.