Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 5 hours
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag (5 oz) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Lemon wedges, for squeezing
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Stir in broth, 1 cup water, tomatoes, lentils, onion, celery, carrot, garlic, garam marsala and 1 tsp of the salt.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours. During last 30 minutes, stir in remaining 1/4 tsp salt, the chickpeas and spinach.
4. Just before serving, stir in yogurt. Squeeze a lemon wedge over each serving.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 230, Fat, total (g): 2, chol. (mg): 1, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 41, fiber (g): 14, pro. (g): 15, sodium (mg): 755, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.