Servings: 10 Active Time 30 mins Total Time 30 mins plus additional freezing time
- 1 prepared lemon-flavored pound cake or lemon cake
- 2 cups red berry sorbet
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles
1. Line a standard muffin cup pan with cupcake liners. Remove the sorbet from the freezer to let it soften slightly, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, slice the loaf cake into 1/2-inch slices. With a 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut each slice into one or more circles. You will need a total of 10 (save the scraps for another treat.)
3. Place a cake round into each cupcake liner. Smooth a layer of sorbet on top, filling the liner just below the top edge. Freeze the cupcakes until firm, about 3 hours.
4. Just before serving, place the cream in a large bowl. Beat the cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Add the sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Top each cupcake with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkles. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 147, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 22, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 20, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 17, pro. (g): 1, vit. A (IU): 206, vit. C (mg): 1, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 6, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 49, Potassium (mg): 30, calcium (mg): 14, iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.