1. Remove ice cream from freezer and let soften for about half an hour. Set aside two bowls that are the same shape and can nest on top of each other, one a bit bigger than the other.
2. Line the bigger bowl with several pieces of plastic wrap to cover the entire inside.
3. Scoop out half of the tempered ice cream and mix in a medium sized bowl with desired food coloring. Spread colored ice cream into bottom of the lined bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Gently push the smaller bowl into the ice cream to create a concave surface for the next layer of ice cream. Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
4. Add another color of food coloring to 2/3 of the remaining ice cream.
5. Take the first layer of ice cream and bowls out of the freezer and remove the smaller bowl and layer of plastic wrap.
6. Spread 2nd layer of colored ice cream into the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and push small bowl into ice cream one last time to make room for the final layer. Freeze for 30 more minutes.
7. Add food coloring to the rest of the ice cream and pour into the remaining space in the ice cream bomb. Cover entire top with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 2 hours to fully freeze.
8. Chop taffy into small pieces and set aside. Taffy pieces can also be shaped by hand into small pearls, squiggles, etc.
9. Remove ice cream bomb from freezer, lift plastic wrap and invert onto a flat tray or cutting board.
10. Pour the Magic Shell topping directly onto the top of ice cream and immediately garnish with taffy pieces. Freeze again for 5 minutes to fully set. Slice and serve. Makes 14 servings.