Yield: about 8 cups Prep 15 mins
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1 recipe Old-Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream (www.familycircle.com), prepared through Step 2
1. Coarsely chop half the strawberries. Puree the other half in a food processor or blender.
2. Stir chopped berries and berry puree into chilled custard for ice cream (see Old-Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream, Step 2, www.familycircle.com).
3. Freeze in ice-cream maker according to manufacturers directions. Transfer to bowl; cover and place in refrigerator-freezer.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 203, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 98, carb. (g): 19, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 28, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.