Yield: 5-1/2 cups Prep 15 mins Freeze 2 hrs
- 2 cups cubed pineapple, fresh or canned packed in juice
- 1 cup cubed mango
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional; to taste)
- 2 cups blueberries for pineapple in Pineapple-Mango Ice, 1 cup blackberries for mango.
- 2 cups cubed honeydew melon for pineapple in the Pineapple-Mango Ice and 1 cup cubed, peeled kiwi for the mango.
- 2 cups of cubed, pitted watermelon for pineapple in the Pineapple-Mango Ice and 1 cup sliced strawberries (scant pint) for the mango
1. Blend pineapple, mango, water, corn syrup, honey and lemon juice in blender or food processor until smooth. Taste; add sugar by tablespoons, if needed. Pour into 9-inch square baking pan. Freeze 2 hours or until firm.
2. Cut into cubes. Place in processor. Whirl until smooth. Place in chilled airtight food storage container. Freeze up to 2 months.
3. Per 1/2-Cup Serving: 95 Cal 0 g Fat (0 g Sat)15 mg Sodium 1 g Protein 25 g Carbo0 mg Cholesterol. Makes 5-1/2 cups.
Variation Blueberry-Blackberry Ice
- Substitute 2 cups blueberries for pineapple and 1 cup blackberries for mango.
- Substitute 2 cups cubed honeydew melon for pineapple and 1 cup cubed, peeled kiwi for the mango.
- Substitute 2 cups cubed, pitted watermelon for pineapple and 1 cup sliced strawberries (scant pint) for the mango
- Substitute 4 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained, for pineapple and mango and remove the lemon juice.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 107, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 29, sodium (mg): 16, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.