Servings: 12 Prep 30 mins Freeze 4 hrs to 6 hrs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Red and blue food coloring, to make purple (about 5 drops each)
- 2 cups heavy cream OR half-and-half
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 pint fresh blackberries, for garnish
1. Bring sugar and 1-1/2 cups water to boiling in saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer 6 minutes. Let cool.
2. Puree blackberries and blueberries in food processor (do not use blender). Strain through fine-mesh sieve into bowl, forcing through with rubber spatula; discard solids. Stir in lime juice and food coloring.
3. Stir into puree the sugar syrup, cream and salt. Pour into 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Freeze 2 hours. Spoon into processor. Pulse to break up; don't overprocess. Refreeze 2 hours. Pulse again in processor. Refreeze until firm. Garnish.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 268, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 54, sat. fat (g): 9, carb. (g): 35, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 1, sodium (mg): 27, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.