Servings: 8 Yield: servings Prep 10 mins Cook 10 mins
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil (or use water from cooking green beans, below). Add sweet potatoes, return to a boil and cook for 8 minutes. Drain.
2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add honey, cinnamon and cayenne. Stir in sweet potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring to coat, for 2 minutes. Remove to a platter or bowl and top with toasted pecans.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 222, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 11, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 33, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 255, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.