Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Marinate 30 mins Cook 7 mins
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 8 ounces angelhair pasta, cooked following package directions
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Garlic String Beans (optional)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and sesame oil. Add scallops and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops, reserving marinade; cook scallops 3 minutes per side. Remove and place on a plate.
3. Pour reserved marinade into same skillet and boil 1 minute. Return scallops to skillet and heat through, coating with sauce.
4. Equally divide pasta among four plates and drizzle each with sauce from skillet. Place about 6 scallops over each serving and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds. Serve with Garlic String Beans.
Tip Garlic String Beans
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Add 1 pound trimmed green beans and cook 4 minutes until crisp-tender; drain. In same pot, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 3 cloves sliced garlic and cook 1 minute; stir in beans and toss to coat with oil. Cook 1 minute and season with 1/8 tsp each salt and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 495, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 56, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 63, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 38, sodium (mg): 731, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.