Servings: 12 Yield: servings Prep 20 mins Bake 350°F 40 mins Cool 15 mins Cook 5 mins Chill 4 hrs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup Passover cake meal
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Make It Cake
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees . Line bottom of an 8-inch cake pan with wax paper. Grease paper and pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat sugars, oil and eggs until smooth. Add walnuts, cake meal, almonds, orange juice, cinnamon and salt. Stir until combined. Spoon into prepared pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, until cake is set. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Syrup
4. In a small saucepan, combine sugar, orange juice, 1/3 cup water, honey and lemon juice. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently until mixture reduces slightly. Let cool.
5. Using a fork, poke holes in cake and pour syrup over the top. Refrigerate 4 hours. Invert onto platter. Remove wax paper and top with sliced almonds.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 78, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 56, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 32, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 6, sodium (mg): 48, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.