Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 5 mins Slow Cook 9 hrs LOW
- 4 cups skim milk blended with 3 cups water
- 2 cups 8-grain hot cereal blend (such as Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 8 thin slices unsalted butter (about 2 tbsp total)
1. Coat slow-cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Combine milk and water with cereal in prepared slow cooker bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup of the blueberries, the ginger and 3/4 tsp of the salt. Cover and slow cook on LOW for 9 hours.
2. In the morning, toast walnuts in a skillet over medium heat, 5 minutes. Stir remaining 1 1/2 cups blueberries, remaining 1/4 tsp salt and the honey into cereal mixture.
3. Spoon half of the cereal into bowls; top each serving with a thin slice of butter and some of the walnuts. Serve warm; save remainder for another day.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 323, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 14, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 50, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 10, sodium (mg): 276, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.