Servings: 15 Yield: 15 waffle cookies Active Time 30 mins Total Time 1 hr
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 16 ounce can vanilla frosting
- Assorted colors of coarse sanding sugar
1. In a large bowl combine the eggs, sugars, and almond extract. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale, about 4 minutes. Beat in the butter. Beat in flour and salt until incorporated.
2. Preheat a waffle iron on high. Lightly coat waffle iron with cooking spray. Spoon 2 Tbs. batter onto each section of the waffle iron. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Using a fork, remove cookies from waffle iron. Repeat with remaining batter. Let cool.
3. Microwave frosting in 20-second intervals, stirring in between, until just melted. Dip waffle cookies into melted frosting and decorate with sanding sugar.
Variation For chocolate waffles:
- Substitute vanilla extract for the almond extract and reduce flour to 1 cup. Add 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon when adding the flour.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 15; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 234, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 41, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 33, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 23, pro. (g): 2, vit. A (IU): 225, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 23, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 138, Potassium (mg): 55, calcium (mg): 12, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.