Servings: 8 Yield: servings Prep 10 mins Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 2 cups spelt (see Note)
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
1. In a large pot, combine spelt and 6 cups water. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook 65 to 75 minutes, until tender. Drain and rinse under cool water.
2. In a large bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Stir in cooked spelt, arugula, pomegranate seeds and feta.
3. Note: Swap Kamut or farro for spelt, if desired. Cook according to package directions.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 258, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 13, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 38, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 525, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.