- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the baking dish
- 16 ounces cubed herb stuffing mix (10 cups), such as Pepperidge Farm
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 3-qt. baking dish. Place the stuffing mix in a very large bowl.
2. In a large skillet melt 4 Tbs. of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the walnuts, apples, cherries, pine nuts, thyme and sage. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer the onion mixture to the bowl with the stuffing mix and toss to combine. Pour the vegetable broth over the top and toss until evenly moist.
4. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake, covered, on the upper oven rack for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 20 minutes more or until browned. Remove from oven, cover loosely, and keep warm.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 305, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 10, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 41, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 6, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 10, pro. (g): 6, vit. A (IU): 815, vit. C (mg): 4, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 19, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 741, Potassium (mg): 158, calcium (mg): 72, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.