Servings: 6 Grill 15 mins Prep 5 mins
- 5 assorted heirloom tomatoes, such as Green Zebra, beefsteak, Brandywine, yellow or orange, Cherokee Purple and Black Russian
- 6 chicken or turkey sausage links
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 6 ounce package fresh mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Crusty Italian bread (optional)
1. Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Rinse tomatoes and gently pat dry. Cut each tomato into 1/4-inch-thick slices, starting from bottom of tomato.
2. Meanwhile, grill sausages for 12 to 15 minutes, turning frequently, until cooked through.
3. Place greens on a large platter. Cut mozzarella into thin slices. Decoratively fan tomato slices, mozzarella and basil over greens, alternating varieties of tomatoes for contrast.
4. Drizzle salad with vinegar and olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve alongside grilled sausages and, if desired, Italian bread.
Tip Sausage Savvy
- Premio fresh Italian chicken sausage pairs well with this salad; $5 at Sam's Club and Costco stores.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 264, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 85, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 9, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 668, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.