1. Heat oven to 200 degrees F. Heat a Belgian waffle maker as per manufacturer's directions. Lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.Topping
2. Combine berries and granulated sugar in a bowl. Set aside.Waffles
3. In a large bowl, combine flours, brown sugar, wheat germ, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
4. In a small bowl or large measuring cup, blend buttermilk, 3/4 cup water, egg yolks, oil and vanilla. Whip egg whites to stiff peaks.
5. Mix buttermilk mixture into flour mixture. Fold in egg whites. Pour 1/2 cup batter onto each section of prepared waffle maker. Cook as per manufacturer's instructions, about 4 minutes per batch. Transfer waffles directly to oven rack in 200 degrees F oven. Repeat. Sprinkle waffles with confectioners' sugar and serve with strawberries.