Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 25 mins Slow Cook SLOW COOK on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours
- 2 large leeks (white and light green parts only), cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 pound diced butternut squash
- 1/2 pound parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound carrots, sliced
- 2/3 cup barley
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 box (32 oz) vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite-cut diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 box (10 oz) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Combine leeks, squash, parsnips, carrots, barley and garlic in slow cooker. Stir in broth, 4 cups water, tomatoes and thyme. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
2. Stir in corn, heavy cream, parsley, salt, black pepper and cayenne. Let sit until corn is heated through.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 309, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 27, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 56, fiber (g): 10, pro. (g): 7, sodium (mg): 1132, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.