Servings: 6 Prep 30 mins Cook 1 hr 28 mins
- 8 large bone-in, skinless chicken thighs (about 3 lbs)
- 2 large onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 15 whole peppercorns
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 2 small chicken bouillon cubes (such as Wylers)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces broad egg noodles
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1. Broth: In a large pot, combine chicken, onions, carrot, celery, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, thyme and 12 cups water.
2. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Remove chicken thighs to a cutting board and shred meat from bones. Reserve meat and add bones back to pot. Continue to simmer, covered, 60 minutes. Strain broth into a second large pot. Discard bones and other solids.
3. Soup: Skim broth; bring to a boil. Add carrots, celery, bouillon cubes and salt. Stir in noodles and cook about 7 minutes or until noodles and vegetables are tender. Stir in parsley and reserved chicken. Cook 1 minute to heat chicken.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 384, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 137, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 25, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 36, sodium (mg): 864, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.