Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Start to Finish 30 mins
- 1 cup (3 1/2 oz) coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 oz) chopped sliced deli ham
- 2 tablespoons drained, chopped pimiento or roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 16 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Pulse cheese, ham, pimiento, sour cream and mayonnaise in a food processor until finely ground.
2. Cut bread with 3-1/2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutters, or cut crusts from bread and slice sandwiches into thin rectangles. Spread bottom bread halves with about 1 tbsp filling and top with remaining bread (you will have some filling left over). Press sandwiches slightly so that you can just begin to see filling on the sides. Roll edges in parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 210, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 17, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 27, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 9, sodium (mg): 410, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.