Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Total Time 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 3 cups Weekend-Prepped chickpeas in cooking liquid
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 pound thickly sliced lower-sodium ham, chopped
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup Weekend-Prepped Pesto
1. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the rosemary and cook for 30 seconds. Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the ham and arugula and cook until arugula is wilted. Serve with the kale pesto. Weekend-Prepped Chickpeas in Cooking Liquid
2. In a slow cooker combine 8 cups water, 1 lb. dried chickpeas and 1 tsp. salt. Cook for 5 to 6 hours on high heat or until tender. Refrigerate in cooking liquid. Weekend-Prepped Pesto
3. Cook 1 bunch Tuscan kale (ribs removed) in boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain well. In a food processor combine the kale, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup walnuts, 1 clove garlic, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Process until smooth. Refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 331, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 13, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 36, Monounsaturated fat (g): 7, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 10, sugar (g): 9, pro. (g): 16, vit. A (IU): 1704, vit. C (mg): 19, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 299, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 630, Potassium (mg): 546, calcium (mg): 146, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.