Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 30 mins Broil 6 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 orange pepper, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Barley and Fish
- 1 cup barley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut, skin on, cut into 4 equal-size pieces
- 8 teaspoons olive oil
Make It Sauce
1. In a large nonstick skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add peppers and tomatoes and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in olives, vinegar, basil, salt and pepper. Barley and Fish
2. Meanwhile, bring 3 cups water to boiling over high heat. Add barley and cook 30 minutes. Drain and season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper.
3. Heat broiler. Place fish on a greased broiler pan, skin-side down; brush with olive oil and season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Broil for 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
4. To serve, gently heat sauce and spoon over fish and barley.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 472, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 45, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 54, fiber (g): 11, pro. (g): 37, sodium (mg): 710, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.