Servings: 10 Yield: 10 empanadas Active Time 35 mins Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- All-purpose flour for the work surface
- 1 recipe Basic Empanada Dough
- 8 ounces brie, cut into 10 thin strips
- 4 ounces guava paste, cut into 10 slices
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 1/2 teaspoons honey
- Flaky sea salt for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water; set aside.
2. On a lightly floured work surface, divide the dough into 20 equal parts. Roll into balls. Cover dough with plastic wrap to prevent drying out. Add more flour to the work surface. Roll out one ball into a 4-inch circle. Top with 1 slice of brie, 1 slice of guava paste, 1/4 tsp. thyme and 1/4 tsp. honey. Lightly brush outside 1/4-inch edge with egg mixture. Roll a second dough ball into a 4-inch circle. Place on top of filled dough. Seal with a fork, and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
3. Brush egg mixture over the top and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 10; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 349, Fat, total (g): 18, chol. (mg): 104, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 37, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 11, vit. A (IU): 532, vit. C (mg): 4, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 86, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 578, Potassium (mg): 114, calcium (mg): 74, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.