Servings: 16 Yield: 16 empanadas Active Time 45 mins Total Time 1 hr 40 mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 green plantain, chopped (1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pimento stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1 recipe Basic Empanada Dough
1. In a large nonstick skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add plantains, onion, garlic, coriander, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Add ground pork and cook until no longer pink. Add tomatoes and raisins. Simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until the plantains are slightly tender. Add green olives and remove from heat. Let cool. Fill and bake as directed in Basic Empanada Dough recipe.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 16; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 234, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 58, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 23, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 9, vit. A (IU): 422, vit. C (mg): 7, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 44, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 354, Potassium (mg): 253, calcium (mg): 35, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.