Servings: 4 Prep 30 mins Total Time 40 mins
- 3 large russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch fries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 thin sliced lower sodium deli turkey (4 ounces)
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line two baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl toss the potatoes with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes. Flip and cook for another 10 minutes or until golden.
2. Layer 4 slices of the bread with the turkey, cheese, and apple slices. Top with the remaining bread.
3. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. When the foam subsides, add the sandwiches, working in batches if necessary, and cook until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Serve with the fries.
- Toss baby spinach with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper for a simple side salad.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 505, Fat, total (g): 21, chol. (mg): 58, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 63, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 6, sugar (g): 7, pro. (g): 20, vit. A (IU): 594, vit. C (mg): 29, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 4, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 108, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 751, Potassium (mg): 706, calcium (mg): 197, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.