Servings: 4 Yield: servings Prep 35 mins Marinate 30 mins Grill 14 mins
- 1 eggplant (about 1 lb), trimmed and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut from core into 4 pieces
- 1 sweet orange pepper, cut from core into 4 pieces
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated ricotta salata cheese
1. Place eggplant, zucchini and peppers in a large resealable plastic bag. In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, mustard, 1/2 tsp of the salt and the pepper. While whisking, add oil in a thin stream. Stir garlic into marinade and set aside 1/4 cup. Add remaining marinade to bag with vegetables. Marinate 30 minutes.
2. Thread cherry tomatoes onto 1 or 2 skewers. Oil grill grate and heat grill to medium-high. Grill marinated vegetables for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. You may need to do this in a few batches, depending on the size of your grill. Grill tomato skewers for 4 minutes, turning once.
3. Transfer eggplant, zucchini and peppers to a cutting board. Transfer tomatoes to a serving bowl with chickpeas. Dice eggplant, zucchini and peppers. Add to bowl with reserved marinade, parsley and remaining 1/8 tsp salt. Top with ricotta salata just before serving.
- Freshly chopped garlic packs the most flavor, but you can reduce prep time by swapping in a heaping tbsp of jarred.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 400, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 4, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 62, fiber (g): 14, pro. (g): 14, sodium (mg): 779, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.