Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Grill 14 mins Stand 30 mins
- 1/4 cup xtra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14 ounce loaf Italian bread
- 1 small red onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 medium tomatoes (1-1/2 lbs total), diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large seedless cucumber, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup packed basil leaves, roughly chopped
1. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Cut bread loaf in half crosswise, then cut each half lengthwise into four 1-inch-thick slices, for a total of 8 slices. Brush slices lightly with olive oil. Grill 2 minutes per side; set aside. Lightly brush onion quarters with olive oil. Grill 5 minutes; rotate and grill another 5 minutes.
3. Cut bread slices into 1-inch cubes. Cut onion quarters into thin slices. Toss bread, onion, tomatoes, cucumber, garlic and basil in dressing. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 238, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 31, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 6, sodium (mg): 529, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.