Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Grill 6 mins
- 8 ounces eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce, warmed if desired
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1. Heat the grill to medium-high. Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Add slices to grill rack. Grill for 3 minutes. Flip the eggplant rounds.
2. Top 4 of the slices with the mozzarella cheese. Grill all slices 3 minutes more. Remove from grill rack. Add plain eggplant slices to the cheese-topped slices to make 4 stacks. Top each stack with 2 tablespoons sauce, 1 teaspoon Parmesan, and 1/2 tablespoon basil.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 136, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 10, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 6, Monounsaturated fat (g): 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 5, vit. A (IU): 437, vit. C (mg): 2, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 16, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 379, Potassium (mg): 239, calcium (mg): 131, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.