Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Marinate 2 hrs to 4 hrs Grill 16 mins
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup carrot matchsticks
- 1/2 cup cucumber matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together orange juice, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, orange zest, 3/4 tsp of the salt, the sugar, pepper and scallions.
2. Place chicken in a ziptop bag and add 3 tbsp of the citrus dressing. Seal bag and shake to coat chicken with dressing. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
3. Heat a gas or stovetop grill to mediumhigh or the coals in a charcoal grill to medium-hot. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill chicken 7 to 8 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees . Slice chicken thinly on the bias.
4. In a large salad bowl, combine rice, arugula, carrot, cucumber and mint. Toss with 4 tbsp of the citrus dressing and season with remaining 1/4 tsp salt.
5. Serve rice salad with sliced chicken and drizzle with remaining dressing.
Tip 3 Variations to Try
- Asian Twist Substitute chicken, arugula and cucumber with shrimp, sliced snow peas and sliced water chestnuts.
- Steak House Take In place of chicken and cucumber, use sliced flank steak, halved cherry tomatoes and a sprinkling of crumbled blue cheese. Eliminate mint.
- Greek-Style Replace arugula with shaved iceberg lettuce; add feta cheese and sliced black olives.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 399, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 63, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 40, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 27, sodium (mg): 519, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.