Servings: 6 Hands On 35 mins Total Time 35 mins
- 1 1/2 cups parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1 inches thick cauliflower slabs
- 3 6 - 8 ounces boneless beef strip or sirloin steaks
1. In a food processor or blender combine the parsley, vinegar, shallot, oregano, garlic, 3/4 tsp. salt, and crushed red pepper. Pulse until finely chopped. Add the oil and process until nearly smooth. Season with black pepper to taste. Divide 1/4 cup chimichurri evenly between two large plates and reserve the remainder.
2. Preheat a greased grill to medium. Season the cauliflower and beef with salt and pepper. Grill the cauliflower for 14 to 16 minutes, turning once halfway through. Grill the beef for 8 to 10 minutes or to desired doneness.
3. Transfer the cauliflower and beef to the prepared plates. Let rest for 10 minutes, turning each steak once to absorb some sauce. Serve with the remaining chimichurri for drizzling.
- Slice the cauliflower from the center of the heat in 1-inch thick "steaks". Save the extra cauliflower from the sides of the head to roast later in the week.
- Nutrition analysis per serving: 209 calories, 4 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate, 19 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 3 g total sugar, 27% Vitamin A, 157% Vitamin C, 346 mg sodium, 61 mg calcium, 2 mg iron
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 431, Fat, total (g): 29, chol. (mg): 85, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 2, Monounsaturated fat (g): 19, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): , pro. (g): 38, vit. A (IU): 1325, vit. C (mg): 21, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 14, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 33, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 3, sodium (mg): 400, Potassium (mg): 658, calcium (mg): 40, iron (mg): 5, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.