Servings: 4 Yield: 4 sandwiches Prep 10 mins Cook 3 mins to 5 mins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 ounces crusty Italian bread, cut into 8 slices
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce or pasta sauce
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese or 3 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/4 cup purchased basil pesto
- Dash dried basil and dried oregano
1. Coat a nonstick grill pan or sandwich press with cooking spray. Heat to medium.
2. Place 4 bread slices on a work surface. Spread each with tomato sauce. Divide the cheese among the four slices; fold the cheese to fit, if necessary. Spread the remaining bread slices with pesto and sprinkle with herbs. Place, pesto side down, on top of the cheese-topped bread slices.
3. Grill on the grill pan or in the sandwich press for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted (turn sandwiches on grill pan once during cooking).
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 281, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 17, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 31, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 2, pro. (g): 12, vit. A (IU): 537, vit. C (mg): 2, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 112, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 664, Potassium (mg): 130, calcium (mg): 234, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.