Yield: About 8 cups Active Time 20 mins Total Time 20 mins
For the salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups dry pearl couscous
- 3 cups arugula
- 3 small raw yellow beets, shredded (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
For the dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/3 cup olive oil
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the oil. Add couscous and toast until light golden, about 4 minutes. Add 3 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, fluff, and cool.
2. In a bowl, whisk together mustard, red-wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. Season with more salt and pepper as desired.
3. Place couscous in a large bowl. Add remaining salad ingredients; stir to combine. Stir in two-thirds of dressing until well coated; add more, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to pack.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 328, Fat, total (g): 18, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 37, fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 8, pro. (g): 6, sodium (mg): 252, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.