Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 15 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 6 hours
- 2 pounds bone-in skinless chicken thighs (6 to 8 pieces)
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 pounds small waxy potatoes (1 inch in diameter)
- 1 can (13.5 oz) light coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup Thai basil (optional)
- Lime wedges for squeezing
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place chicken, onion and potatoes in slow cooker. Combine coconut milk, 3 tbsp of the curry paste, the soy sauce and sugar. Pour over chicken and potatoes.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours. Stir in remaining 2 tbsp curry paste and scatter red pepper over the top during last 30 minutes of cooking.
4. To serve, stir in cilantro and lime juice. Spoon over rice and garnish with Thai basil, if desired. Squeeze lime wedges over top.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 388, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 129, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 36, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 31, sodium (mg): 733, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.