Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Total Time 40 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cut in wedges, or halved if small
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 medium English cucumber, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives or mixed olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 slices country bread, cut into small cubes and toasted
1. In a large serving bowl, combine tomatoes, green pepper, red pepper, cucumber, and olives.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over the salad and toss well. Let stand at room temperature at least 20 minutes to blend flavors.
3. Sprinkle with feta cheese and croutons just before serving.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 217, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 13, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 19, Monounsaturated fat (g): 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 8, pro. (g): 6, vit. A (IU): 2389, vit. C (mg): 81, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 75, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 581, Potassium (mg): 588, calcium (mg): 113, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.