Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Chill 1 hr
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1/2 pound plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 pound cooked, peeled shrimp
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 12 pitted black olives, chopped
- 2 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese (about 1/2 cup), crumbled
1. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, oregano, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
2. Place bulgur in a large bowl. Stir in 2 cups boiling water. Cover with plastic and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, mint and 2 tablespoons of lemon dressing. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Toss the shrimp with 1 tablespoon of dressing and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, onion, olives and remaining dressing. Equally divide among 4 dinner plates. Top each serving with bulgur, shrimp and feta.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 410, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 172, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 38, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 692, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.