Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 10 mins Cook 12 mins Bake 375°F 35 mins
- 1 1/2 cups parcooked wheat berries (such as Nature's Earthly Choice)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk, warmed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pkg (5 oz) baby kale, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 pkg (9 oz) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 6 large eggs
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees . Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Bring 3 3/4 cups water and wheat berries to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes. Drain.
3. In a large bowl, combine cooked wheat berries, artichoke hearts, white sauce and remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Fold in lemon juice and all but 1 tbsp of the feta. Spread into prepared dish.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and use the bottom of a greased small measuring cup to make 6 indents in wheat berry mixture. Crack eggs into indents. Return to oven and bake at 375 degrees for an additional 25 minutes. Sprinkle with reserved feta and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 409, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 236, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 46, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 771, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.