- 1 cup pearled farro
- 1 cup red or white quinoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups frozen, shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
1. In a large pot combine 8 cups water, the farro, and quinoa. Add 1 tsp. of the salt to the water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until both grains are tender, adding the edamame during the last 6 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, remaining 1/2 tsp. salt, and pepper. Add the arugula, cooked farro, quinoa, and edamame to the bowl and mix well. Transfer to a serving container and top with the feta, dried cherries, and blueberries. Serve at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 312, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 8, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 44, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 7, sugar (g): 7, pro. (g): 12, vit. A (IU): 179, vit. C (mg): 8, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 165, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 381, Potassium (mg): 341, calcium (mg): 104, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.