Servings: 6 Yield: servings Prep 25 mins Bake 375°F 55 mins Cool 15 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds lean grass-fed ground beef
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red and yellow sweet peppers
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 cups steamed broccoli florets
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees . Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg whites, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce, the zucchini, onion, sweet peppers, garlic, 3/4 tsp of the salt, the sage, oregano and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Spoon mixture into prepared loaf pan; press flat.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Spoon remaining 1/2 cup tomato sauce over top and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before slicing into 6 servings.
4. Serve meatloaf with lentil mash and steamed broccoli.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 369, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 70, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 34, fiber (g): 8, pro. (g): 39, sodium (mg): 759, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.