1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Pour the melted butter into the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish and swirl the pan so that the bottom is evenly coated with butter, paying special attention to the corners.
3. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the butter and press down with your fingertips to form a very thin crust. Create even layers on top of the graham crackers with the remaining ingredients in this order: shredded coconut, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, sweetened condensed milk, and chopped pecans on top.
4. Bake the bars for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the ingredients have completely melted together to form one uniform batter.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature. Then cover it with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or until the bars have chilled and are completely solid.
6. Cut the bars into 2-inch squares with a sharp knife and store them in a container lined with waxed paper.