Servings: 12 Yield: 3 cups Prep 15 mins Cook 20 mins Cool 10 mins
- 1 small carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 1/2 cups water or low-sodium chicken stock
1. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in carrot and cook until they begin to soften, about 6 minutes. Stir in garlic, if using, lentils and curry. Pour in water or chicken stock and bring to boiling. Turn heat down to low and place a lid on saucepan. Cook for 20 minutes.
2. Allow mixture to cool slightly then process in a blender or food processor until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator, in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. Mixture may also be frozen for up to 3 months. Ages:
3. 8 to 10 months
- Don't like curry, swap in cumin or cinnamon.
- Skip the pureeing step for toddler or adults and serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 69, Fat, total (g): 1, carb. (g): 10, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 4, vit. A (IU): 1846, vit. C (mg): 2, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 314, sodium (mg): 5, Potassium (mg): 168, calcium (mg): 20, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.